Wednesday, December 15, 2010

What Bloggers Have to Say About Kristi (2)


I don't know Kristi as well as some other bloggers. She's not my best blogging friend or anything like that. But, she was a big part of the inspiration behind my blog (I started it back when there were maybe 10 of us) and she's continued to be an amazing person to me. Whenever I'm working on one of my endless projects, she's always there and willing to help out. I guarantee that PAYA would never have been as successful as it was without Kristi. She even drove the 8+ hours it took to come out to the PAYA Festival in August to support it. Without Kristi here, I truly believe the blogging world would be different. I think we all look up to her and really, she deserves it! --Harmony

I met Kristi at PAYA this past summer and she was so very nice and extremely funny. For me, it was like meeting a blogger celebrity. :) She has contributed so much to the blogging community and I hope she is around for many more years to come. Congrats on your three year Blogoversary, Kristi! I am wishing you all the best.   ----Christina from Confessions of a Book Addict


Not going to lie. I was totally drawn in by Kristi's beautiful layout---true story. Then I started actually reading her blog and loved how passionate she was about YA literature which I had just recently started reading after a burnout of adult novels with too many marriages and divorces along with the harsh reality of being a college graduate. YA was my safe haven and Kristi helped to add some quality books to my radar. It wasn't until I met her at PAYA that I knew Kristi completely rocked. I had read her blog but only here and there. When I met her at PAYA I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought she might be loud, aware of how much of a "celebrity" she was and someone who probably wouldn't want to talk to a newbie blogger like me. Let me just tell you--I was WRONG. She is pretty shy until you get talking to her but she is so friendly and fun. She had to announce the winners of the raffle and she was so nervous to do it and she was just so humble! She's such a down to earth girl! We had the best time talking about books and how our husbands/boyfriends put up with our crazy bookish ways! I pretty much wanted to be bff's with her. Since then Kristi and I have talked on Twitter and on each other's blogs. She makes me laugh and she is truly one of my favorite people to talk to. She even is willing to help me out in the midst of a blogging "crisis" on a Friday night! She rocks. Congrats Kristi!  ---Jamie at The Broke and the Bookish/The Perpetual Page-Turner


I wanted to thank Kristi for being such an inspiration. I've gone through a few rough times on my blog, and she's always helped motivate me to carry on and continue to blog. Thank you, Kristi!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading what other bloggers have to say. Also, love that this is the PAYA post, hehe. I'm in both of those pics (the lone guy)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to meet kristi at PAYA too! She is a really wonderful person and it was incredible to be able to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so freaggin sweet! I so appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedules to write a little something. YOU are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete