Friday, December 17, 2010

What Bloggers Have to Say to Kristi (4)

Kristi runs one of the best book blogs - if not THE best book blog - I've ever seen. Not only if she intelligent and clever and creative, but when I met her at BookExpo America, I found out that she's super sweet and nice as well.  -- Nicole at Words for Teens

Can I really sum up all that Kristi's done for me in a few sentences? She's the blogging Yoda for me. When I'm unsure how to handle a situation or want to know how to approach a publisher, I go to her blog. Everything I know about ARCs I learned from her and I'm ridiculously thankful for that information. She always seems to be on top of everything and I found a ton of other blogs and books from her blog. The Story Siren was one of the first blogs I found and I think that if I hadn't found it, I wouldn't have found all the others and been inspired to enter the blogging world. And I don't know what I'd be doing if I wasn't blogging and surrounded by all the amazing people in this community.  -- Julie at Bloggers Heart Books

Kristi's blog was one of the first that I started reading when I began blogging this year. I was immediately impressed by the amount of work she puts into her site, and I've since grown to have even more respect for Kristi. Despite her enormous following and limited free time, I have always found her to be humble, helpful, and generous. I think I'd spend way more time fumbling around with my blog than I already do if it weren't for her Dear Story Siren posts filled with great tips for beginning bloggers. I haven't taken part in most of Kristi's fun features so far, but I am looking forward to participating in IMM and the 2011 DAC next year. -- Melanie from Reclusive Bibliophile


I followed Kristi way before I even had a blog. I first found her on youtube and feel in love with her In My Mailbox meme and Xander! I remember back tracking and watching all of her youtube videos and then promptly following her blog religiously, and to this day still do! Kristi is definitely one of the bloggers who inspired me to start my own book blog and she’s helped me discover so many good books that I may never have found otherwise. I love doing my In My Mailbox posts every weekend and seeing what others have got. Kristi’s such an asset to the book blogging community and takes the time to help new bloggers with her Dear Story Siren posts. I’ve always loved her passion for books and I can’t imagine the blogosphere without her! I think it’s great that were giving something back to her. Happy 3rd blogoversary Kristi! – Jess Hearts Books

I've been a book blogger for five years now, and in that time very few blogs have filled me with such awe as The Story Siren. I am constantly blown away by the number and quality of reviews, interviews, advice posts and contests that are always on her blog. It's obvious how passionate Kristi is about The Story Siren blog, and it is inspiring to see someone that dedicated to the book blogging community. On a side note, I totally blame her for the growing number of YA titles on my TBR list. ;) --Courtney at Once Upon a Bookshelf

I first found The Story Siren by googling book reviews. Her review would always be the first one to pop up in my search results. Obviously, that meant something. I would see "In My Mailbox" littered about , too. COOLEST. MEME. EVER, btw. Anyway, I started frequenting Kristi's blog. There were awesome giveaways, awesome reviews, and her IMM vlogs were hilarious. Not to mention that we're on the same wavelength about being old, married, book nerdy women. (Represent!) What I adore the most about Kristi is that, even though I just "met" her in the last few months, I feel like she's an old friend or something. I mean that in the least creepy way. Her personality shines in her blog, her vlogs, and her ridiculous passion for YA. (Ridiculous in a good way, of course.) A bajillion others have said it, but I mean it, too: Kristi, YOU were the inspiration for me to start my own blog. I can only hope to be a fraction of the blogger you are. Never stop doing what you're doing. You are such a great inspiration to other bloggers. -- Jen from Makeshift Bookmark

2 comments: